Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the following FAQs to answer any questions you may have about National Drugs and our services. If you can't find what you are looking for, our customer service professionals are available to answer your questions - call Toll Free 1-866-648-9142, or use the Live Chat feature.
MEDICATION RELATED QUESTIONS
- What is required to order my medications?
- Do I need a prescription to order my medications?
- How do I send my prescription(s) to you?
- Can you do a Pharmacy transfer for my medication?
- Can you fax my doctor to acquire new prescriptions or refills?
- How much can I order?
- Can I order many medications at the same time?
- Can I send the medication back if I stop taking it or if it doesn't work?
- Do you sell narcotics or other controlled substances?
- Can I speak with a live pharmacist?
- How can you offer these drugs at such low prices?
- If I order my prescriptions from you, aren't I always getting a generic version of my medicine?
- What is the difference between a brand name medication and a generic medication?
- Does my physician need to know that I'm getting my prescriptions filled National Drugs?
SHIPPING and PAYMENT QUESTIONS
- I have insurance. Can you accept my insurance as payment?
- How much do you charge for shipping?
- How do you ship orders?
- Can you ship my order to me overnight?
- How long does delivery take?
- What if I have questions when I receive my order?
- What are your hours of operation?
- What if you don't have all of the items in stock?
- Is my personal information safe?
- What currency do you use for transactions?
- What type of payments do you accept?
- When am I billed?
- Is ordering medication online legal?
- Why should I buy my medications from National Drugs?
- You've answered all my questions, but I'm still a bit nervous to order from you. Do you offer a way I can try your service risk-free?
MEDICATION RELATED QUESTIONS
1. What is required to order my medications?
All users of National Drugs must first sign up to become a member. You can do that here before creating an order. You can also enroll while you checkout for the first time. Either way, it's easy and it's free.
New members must provide their basic health information for our doctors and pharmacists, along with a valid address, prescriptions (where applicable) and a form of payment. You also need to agree to our Terms and Conditions of Membership either online or by sending a signed copy back to us.
2. Do I need a prescription to order my medications?
Yes, a valid prescription written by a licensed physician is required to order prescription medications.
3. How do I send my prescription(s) to you?
The best way to get us your prescription(s) is to fax or e-mail them to us directly at (fax) 1-866-548-8621 or email.Phone - 1-866-648-9142
Fax - 1-866-548-8621
4. Can you do a Pharmacy transfer for my medication?
Yes, and it's free! Our pharmacy staff can contact your local pharmacy and transfer any remaining refill and existing prescriptions.
5. Can you fax my doctor to acquire new prescriptions or refills?
Absolutely! We would be happy to do this at your request so that ordering your medications through us is as convenient as possible.
6. How much can I order?
We recommend a three-month supply of medication per order.
7. Can I order many medications at the same time?
Yes, you can order as many as you need. We recommend a three-month supply of each medication per order.
8. Can I send the medication back if I stop taking it or if it doesn't work?
No, unfortunately prescription drugs that have been dispensed and shipped cannot be returned. All medication sales are final, even if your health regimen changes.
9. Do you sell narcotics or other controlled substances?
10. Can I speak with a live pharmacist?
Absolutely, it is important that we address all your concerns and that you are comfortable with your order. Call our toll free number at 1-866-648-9142, and request a consultation with one of our licensed pharmacists. Our pharmacists are committed to being accessible for patient consultation.
11. How can you offer these drugs at such low prices?
Through our Global Network of pharmacies located around the world. Due to their geographic location and the volume of prescriptions they process, they can offer great discounts.
12. If I order my prescriptions from you, aren't I always getting a generic version of my medicine?
Not at all. In fact, we offer all our members a choice of the type of prescription drug they prefer -- generic (if available) or brand name. As well, you'll always make the decision about which pharmacy dispenses your medications.
13. What is the difference between a brand name medication and a generic medication?
"Generic medication" is a commonly used term to identify non-brand name medications that are sold, in jurisdictions where the original manufacturer's patent protection has expired. Typically, a generic medication is a pharmaceutical equivalent to a branded medication product and has identical strength, dosage form, and concentration. Usually, generic medications are significantly less expensive than brand name medications. By law, these drugs must provide the same therapeutic effect as the brand name drug.
14. Does my physician need to know that I'm getting my prescriptions filled National Drugs?
It is entirely up to you whether you tell your physician where you get your prescriptions filled, but we generally recommend that you do. The more your physician knows about your drug regimen, the better they can assist you. On occasion, our pharmacists may need to contact your physician for clarification on your prescription or for further information. Therefore it may be prudent to inform your physician that we may call.
SHIPPING and PAYMENT QUESTIONS
15. I have insurance. Can you accept my insurance as payment?
Sorry, we are unable to accept insurance payments. However, we do provide you with an official receipt for insurance purposes, which you can submit for claims with your insurance company. Please contact your insurance company for details.
16. How much do you charge for shipping?
The base shipping price from our pharmacy Network to North America is $10.99 per order. Some products require special handling, and in those cases, the base shipping charge is $15.99. From Canada, you can choose faster shipping methods for additional cost. Ask a representative when you call. A shipping fee is incurred from each country ordered from. The international rate for destinations outside North America is $49.00 for each country ordered from. Note: International orders cannot be shipped from our U.S. pharmacy.
17. How do you ship orders?
Orders are shipped by the national carriers of the country where the order is fulfilled. All orders entering the U.S. are handled by the United States Postal Service.
18. Can you ship my order to me overnight?
We are unable to overnight orders except those filled by our U.S. Network pharmacy to destinations within the US.
19. How long does delivery take?
We guarantee your order will arrive within 30 days after receipt of all documentation necessary to fill your order. However the average shipping time through our Network is about 10-14 days.
20. What if I have questions when I receive my order?
We encourage you to call our toll free number, 1-866-648-9142, or email us with any of your questions and concerns.
21. What are your hours of operation?
You can place your order on our website 24 hours a day/7 days a week! Our Customer Service Centre is staffed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST, Monday to Friday, and Saturday from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. We would be happy to take your telephone orders and answer your questions.
22. What if you don't have all of the items in stock?
If an item you ordered is out of stock, we will contact you and let you know. You can choose to wait, or choose the next best option through our Global Network.
23. Is my personal information safe?
24. What currency do you use for transactions?
All of our transactions are conducted in U.S. dollars, so no matter where you order from, it is always clear what you are being billed for.
25. What type of payments do you accept?
Members can pay by mailing a check, or by EFT (electronic fund transfer).
26. When am I billed?
When your cheque arrives, it is matched with your purchase order, which is then submitted to the pharmacy network for processing. If you are paying via EFT, an EFT 'transaction' is attempted, and if it is valid, your order is processed immediately. EFT funds take a day or two to appear in your account.
27. Is ordering medication online legal?
Under the laws of our dispensing pharmacies, absolutely; from a US perspective, the reality is that millions of Americans have purchased (and continue to purchase) medications from Canadian and other international sources without problems or interference by U.S. authorities. The official U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) position is that re-importing U.S. prescription drugs originally manufactured in the United States or importing medications made in other countries could violate US laws. In fact, however, the U.S. government has never been very vigorous about preventing individual U.S. residents from buying small amounts of prescription drugs for their own personal use, or that of a family member, from foreign sources.
28. Why should I buy my medications from National Drugs?
To save between 20% and 88% on each and every order. Most of our members have been with us since we launched in 2002, and enjoy the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
29. You've answered all my questions, but I'm still a bit nervous to order from you. Do you offer a way I can try your service risk-free?
YES! Order from National Drugs with our 100% satisfaction-guaranteed policy.
We understand that trying something new is not always easy. That's why we offer the Try Me Guarantee. It's part of our commitment to providing you with a safe and secure shopping experience.
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE with the Try Me Guarantee. You have the assurance you deserve in making your first purchase from the pharmacies in our network. We are convinced that you will be 100% satisfied.
If for any reason you are not satisfied, simply give us a call within 30 days. You will receive a full-credit for the entire amount -- hassle free. The credit will be applied towards your next purchase -- no questions asked*.
*The Try Me Guarantee is only good for first-time purchases though a pharmacy. Members who use the guarantee will be issued a full-credit towards their next purchase without hassle or questions. However, members who use this guarantee will not be covered should they decide to order from the same country again at a later date.
Order cancellations due to a change in health regimen are not covered under the Guarantee.
No prescription products are restocked or resold after being returned. All prescription returns are destroyed in compliance with applicable pharmaceutical regulations.